Thursday, July 20, 2017

Not So Berry- The Sims 4- Base Game Rules

Hey guys! I know I've mentioned this before but I am playing a modified version of lilsimsie and alwaysimming's Not So Berry Legacy Challenge. I do not own any packs for the game so I do not have access to all the traits and careers that lilsimsie and alwaysimming originally put into this challenge. However I still wanted to play it so I decided to modify the rules a little bit to make it so I could still enjoy this challenge.

Link to original challenge : http://lilsimsie.tumblr.com/post/157671494755/not-so-berry-legacy-challenge

Here is a copy of the modified rules if you want to play it yourself!!

The basic rules are all the same.
The heir must represent the color of the generation,
you can do whatever you want with the spouses unless the rules for the generation specify,
money cheats are allowed but not excessively (ex.use free realestate for first house but not again after that)
you can live where you want as long as the rules of the generation don't specify
normal lifespan.

Gen 1- Mint
Traits: Loves Outdoors, Jealous, Materialistic
Aspiration: Chief of Mischief
Career: Astronaut
Rules:
  • Master Astronaut career and complete Chief of Mischief aspiration
  • Master mischief and logic skills
  • Complete elements collection

Gen 2- Rose
Traits: Hot Headed, Snob, Romantic
Aspiration: Serial Romantic
Career: Business
Rules:
  • Only have one child
  • Master the business career and complete Serial Romantic aspiration
  • Leave someone at the alter
  • Get married as an elder

Gen 3- Yellow
Traits: Clumsy, Ambitious, Loner
Aspiration: Nerd Brain
Career: Freelance Programmer
Rules
  • Master programming rocket science, and handiness skill
  • Complete Nerd Brain aspiration
  • Must complete ten wood sculptures via the woodworking table as a teen
  • Must build a rocket ship and visit Sixam
  • Enter the secret lot in Oasis Springs (requiring max handiness)
  • Never have any close friends or relationships other than grandparent from Generation 1 until the grandparent dies
Gen 4- Grey

Traits: Active, Slob, Music Lover
Aspiration: Bodybuilder
Career: Athlete
Rules
  • Master guitar, piano, and athletic skills
  • Master athlete career and complete Bodybuilder aspiration
  • Have three failed relationships before finding spouse, marry a neat Sim
  • Be good friends with all of your children
  • Have at least one family dinner per week where every household member is present and eating the meal at the same table

Gen 5- Plum
Traits: Genius, Noncommittal, Book Worm
Aspiration: Renaissance Sim
Career: Fast Food, Tech Guru, Entertainer
Rules
  • Master videogaming and two other skills of your choosing, achieve at least level eight in six skills
  • Complete Renaissance Sim aspiration
  • Get divorced and then later remarried to the same Sim
  • Must live in both base game worlds over the course of your life
Gen 6- Orange
Traits: Evil, Self-Assured, Glutton
Aspiration: Public Enemy
Career: Criminal
Rules
  • Master cooking and charisma skills
  • Master criminal career and complete Public Enemy aspiration
  • Must live in a cheap starter home (under 12k) for entire young adult life
  • Have twins, but only those two children (you may cheat for this)
  • Insist on being evil (claim to be criminal mastermind) but nobody believes you, not even your own children
Gen 7- Pink
Traits: Neat, Loner, Creative
Aspiration: Best Selling Author
Career: Business
Rules
  • Complete postcard collection
  • Master writing and gardening skills
  • Complete Best Selling Author aspiration
  • Have a well-maintained garden
  • Quit day job as an adult to pursue dreams (mid-life crisis much?)
Gen 8- Peach
Traits: Foodie, Lazy, Goofball
Aspiration: Joke Star
Career: Secret Agent
Rules
  • Marry a co-worker
  • Must play an instrument
  • Master gourmet cooking and comedy skills
  • Master secret agent career
  • Must live in a different world than the one he/she was raised
Gen 9- Green
Traits: Slob, Geek, Cheerful
Aspiration: Computer Whiz
Career: Tech Guru
Rules
  • Master mixology, video gaming, and programming skills
  • Master tech guru career and complete Computer Whiz aspiration
  • Must accept every invitation to parties/outings with your friends and/or go out/ throw a party once a week 
  • Have at least five good friends and five enemies
Gen 10- Blue
Traits: Gloomy, Perfectionist, Family Oriented
Aspiration: Big Happy Family
Career: Painter
Rules
  • Adopt at least one child
  • Master the painting, cooking, and gardening skills
  • Master painter career and complete the big happy family aspiration
  • Must marry high school sweetheart and stay with them until you die
  • Have a one time secret affair

I hope that this challenge is helpful to those of you out there that can't play on expansion packs but still wanted to enjoy this challenge. I DO NOT take credit for creating this challenge. All credit goes to lilsimsie and alwaysimming They did a great job on this challenge. Link to original challenge: http://lilsimsie.tumblr.com/post/157671494755/not-so-berry-legacy-challenge

Feel free to share this version of the challenge and play if for yourself. Please remember to share my blog. I plan to update at least once a week. Thank you so much!! Happy Simming!!




54 comments:

  1. I love this as I only have city living and get to work so this helps with all the parenthood and movie night things, on gen 10 though you still have photography (city living skill) and parenting (parenthood skill), I can do photography but what should I learn instead of parenting? also how do you collect postcards?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi and thanks for checking out my blog! I updated the rules so they are now completely base game. Postcards are collected by finding penpals through the computer

      Delete
    2. Does city living come with the vegetarian trait

      Delete
    3. Yes, the vegeterian trait is included in the city living pack.

      Delete
    4. You can collect the postcards through penpals in computer

      Delete
    5. Photography is a base game skill

      Delete
    6. No it is not I comes with city living

      Delete
    7. No it comes with base game bc i dont have city living and get to work i only have snowy escape and i have the photography skill so its from base game

      Delete
  2. you can not get to sixam if you do not have get to work. what should we do then

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could just say visit space a certain number of times past level 10 rocket science skill

      Delete
  3. I say just visit space 20 times (idk).

    ReplyDelete
  4. For gen 5 do you have to do all the careers or no

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. just the careers that are mentioned. You don't have to master them

      Delete
    2. But I only have the base game so I can't do fast food, I was going to make up for it by being a chef instead.

      Delete
    3. What if the grandparents of gen 1 have already died by the time the yellow baby is born?

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much! I have parenthood and city living so I can do some of the originals but not all. This helped a cramp ton!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If Gen 3 Yellow cant know anyone then how does Yellow have kids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can get married and have kids but only after mint passes

      Delete
  7. Thanks so much! I only have get to work so I think I'll combine this and the original. I've been wanting to do this but some of the original rules are not possible for me, so this was really helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This really helped I wanted to do this for so long and I can now!Thank you, this challenge is a great challenge I only just started and I am on the Mint Generation but she has her Rose child already.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Does Generation ten have to be a girl because on lilsimsie hers says that she wants to be an amazing mother?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for this, I don't have all the packs and don't want to make my own version!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks! I only have dogs and cats pack and was upset when the original had other packs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much! All I have is the base game but i loved watching this challenge on Youtube. I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much! Quick question: what color exactly is rose? Since gen 7 is pink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did a red ❤ for rose 🌹

      Delete
    2. They have added the vegetarian traits in the Sims 4 base game.

      Delete
  14. I’m much pleased with your good work. you have good knowledge for article writing and this article is amazing. I am waiting for your next article…. Thank you so much
    Deep Rock Galactic | Surviv.io Aimbot Script | ZombsRoyale | SLITHERPLUS | Slither.io Bot | COFFIN DANCER

    ReplyDelete
  15. What if the grandparents of gen 1 have already died by the time the yellow baby is born?

    ReplyDelete
  16. to get to sixam you need get to work, while i have this some do not like when i first found the base game i didnt have get to work you will confuse people if you say sixam (a alien lot which aliens come from get to work) i base game

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No you can go there with base game. As long as you have a rocketship and a high enough skill.

      Delete
  17. Prob a stupid question, each generation is the previous generations kid right?

    ReplyDelete
  18. If you did it in a rainbow that would be cool because it would could have been rose orange and so on

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much!!!!!! Since I don't have all the packs cause you have to be rich, I always do challenges base game. So now I don't have to come up with my own.

    ReplyDelete
  20. in gen 1, which career path do i choose?

    ReplyDelete
  21. En la generación uno en aspiración no me queda claro ya que yo tengo el juego base

    ReplyDelete
  22. We have the Vegetation trait in the base game now.

    ReplyDelete
  23. If you're the owner of a Garmin GPS hardware device, you should already know download idm full crack, the software associated to the majority of devices designed by this leading global positioning systems company.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Can't wait to do this challenge on me again right now ready to start and finish can't wait enjoy pressure Vines not so big challenge so much thank you for base game version love you...

    ReplyDelete
  25. I just have a note. I feel like Gen 1's astronaut career and Gen 3's freelance programmer careers can be switched. Other than that I will definitely try this! I did Not so berrys original challenge on my Xbox when I had all the packs on there but now I have PC and I'm starting over getting all the packs.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Its not actually base game because Sixam comes with get to work!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I will make sure to bookmark ba 3rd year result and come back to read more of your useful info. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete

Introductions!!!

Hi everyone! Welcome to my blog! I've been playing Sims for quite some time now and I thought maybe it would be more fun if I shared my ...